|Event Date:||Saturday, November 17, 2018|
|Location:||Van Buren Middle School|
700 Louisiana Blvd SE (see Flyer/Map)
|Time:||8:30am to 3:30pm|
|The New Mexico Middle School Electric Car Challenge consists of a battery-powered model car race, design competition, as well as the option to compete in an oral presentation.|
Building a battery-powered car requires skills in both math and science. The primary goal of the competition is to generate enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills at a crucial stage in the development of middle school students.
- Teams are provided everything needed to power a battery model car, including design materials to construct the car - chassis, wheels, gears, etc.
- Entrants will be limited to the FIRST 50 teams that register by the deadline of September 28, 2018.
- Teams may be made up of a maximum of 6 students.
- Each school can register up to THREE teams.
- Free teacher workshop available - registration for the workshop is through the Teacher/Coach Workshop link above.
|Click here for the guidelines|
|Click here for the curriculum|
|Click here for detailed workshop instructions|